Teague Middle School Cellular Device Plan
1. All students must present their device prior to entering the metal detector (placing it in their backpack or in the tray at the metal detector area). Students will not be allowed to walk through the metal detectors with their cell phone. All devices must be turned off.
2. During school, including extracurricular activities, if a device distracts instruction or is visible, we will confiscate the device. It will be securely placed in a Ziploc bag, labeled with the following, required information: student name, teacher name, date, and brief description of offense.
3. Confiscated devices are to be turned in to the front office by the staff member who collected the device as soon as possible.
4. All devices will be logged in the front office, stored in the AP office and parents will be contacted by front office personnel for notification of waiting period and fees.
5. Failure to comply with a staff directive to turn in a cell phone will be considered defiance of authority and subject to disciplinary action according to the Student Code of Conduct.
6. State testing guidelines prohibit cell phones during state testing (TAKS, TELPAS, STAAR, and EOC)
7. All students assigned to SAC or GAP will turn in cellular devices for the instructional day. All devices will be returned to the student at the end of the instructional day, failure to comply will be considered defiance of authority.
8. Teague Middle School or its staff members are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Aldine ISD - Cell Phone Policy
For more information, please see the attached copy of the Aldine Independent School District Cell Phone Policy.
Please contact the school if you have any additional questions. Thank you.